sesame seed oil processing
Sesame Seed Oil
Sesame oil is a kind of edible oil extracted from sesame seeds. It is mainly used as a flavor enhancer in China, Korea, Japan, Middle East and Southeast Asia for cuisine, and also cooking oil in South India. Sesame seed contains 54% of oil, while the sesame seed oil extraction rate is up to 45~50%. Sesame oil has excellent quality, rich nutrition, and pure flavor. It contains high linoleic acid, which is goot to soften blood vessels and prevent diseases caused by angiosclerosis. At the same time, sesame oil contains antioxidants like sesamol, semamolin, etc. that make sesame oil durable to store and hard to deteriorate.
Setting Up a Sesame Seed Oil Processing Plant
Sesame Seed Oil Processing Plant
Building an edible oil mill plant to produce high quality sesame seed oil for sale can be a choice for investors, especially in regions where sesame oil is important vegetable oil for cuisine. However, before buying sesame oil processing equipment for production, it is better to have a complete understand about sesame oil manufacturing process, which matters a lot for the selection of sesame oil extraction machines. (Read more: Cooking Oil Manufacturing Plant Cost >>)
Sesame Oil Production Process
In China and some other countries, sesame oil processing methods mainly adopts mechanical pressing, which suitable for most of sesame oil mill plants. If you are going to set up a sesame oil processing plant with a capacity above 50 tons per day. Solvent extraction of oil is also great to improve the oil extraction efficiency and lower the investment cost. But here we mainly introduct the full steps of sesame seed oil production with oil pressing machine. (Read more: Factors Affecting the Oil Extraction Process >>)
Sesame Oil Production Process
- Sesame Seeds Cleaning: the purpose is to remove clay, sand, iron scrap, weed seed, immature sesame seeds, etc. Then rinse it to get rid of side by side mud, tiny impurities and dust.
- Softening: by adjusting moisture and temperature, sesame seed is softened to have proper plasticity, which is easy to be flaked into thin pieces. After softening, sesame temperature is 47-50℃, and moisture 7%.
- Flaking: use roller flaking machine to press particle sesame seeds into flakes. The purposes of flaking are: destroy cell tissue, make oil easily extruded from cells; when particle seeds are pressed into thin flakes, their superficial area is enlarged, so oil outlet area is increased, and the distance of oil that leaves flakes is greated shortened.
- Steam Cooking: this process is to make raw flakes into cooked flakes by adding water, heating, drying, etc. Its functions are:
- To cohere: after flaking, 68-79% of sesame seed cells are destroyed, but the oil is still dispersive oil drops and is unnable to cohere. But if you add water first to dampen the sesame seeds before steam cooking, protein will absorb water and expand, so the cell wall is destroyed from inside, which completely destroy the seed cells.
- To adjust the flakes structure: flake structure refers to its plasticity and elasticity. On one hand, flakes shall have enough elasticity to withstand pressure; on the other hand, they shall have certain plasticity so that they can combine into cakes after pressing. Adding water and increasing temperature can soften flakes and make them easy to take shape. But if the water content is too low, protein will have big degeneration, and the flakes will be hard and not easy to form cakes. So to adjust all technical parameters in steam cooking process can achieve hardness of flakes required by oil pressing.
- To improve oil quality: in the steam cooking process there are some physical, chemical and biological reactions.
Sesame Seeds Pretreatment Process
Above is the main steps to prepare the sesames for oil pressing process. Here, we provide two types of sesame oil extraction machine for different requirements to produce different sesame seeds oil, including Hydrualic Oil Press Machine and Screw Oil Press Machine.
- Sesame Oil Pressing: the working principle of screw oil press: screw oil press uses the rotating spiral shaft to continuously press the flakes from the inlet into the barrel. Every rotation of the screw shaft will push the materials forward. At the same time, with the gradual shortening of pitch or the gradual reduction of screw thread depth, the space volume in barrel is gradually condensed, and oil is pressed out. This kind of oil making process is automatic and continuous, and the oil constantly flows from the gaps in pressing cage; while the flakes after pressing form tile shape cakes and constantly discharged from the other end of the screw oil press. In total, the pressing of sesame seed oil is divided into 3 phases: pres-pressing phase, pressing phase and cakes forming phase.
- Sesame Oil Filtering: after all the avove steps, sesame oil is made but also may contain impurties. In this case, it shall be filtered to get pure sesame oil.
- Sesame Oil Refining: it is designed to remove many useless and unnecessary substances included in the crude sesame oil. Click to see more about Edible Oil Refining >>
Small Sesame Oil Processing Equipment for Sale
Advanced sesame seed oil processing technology – factory price oil extraction machines for sesame oil making: buy sesame oil press from edible oil making equipment manufacturer or supplier at factory price, get FREE technical instruction of sesame oil production process and business plan to set up sesame oil press machine project in Mexico, Panama, Pakistan, Thailand, Kazakhstan, etc., at low cost.
Tips to Setup Sesame Oil Processing Factory
Making sure the stable and adequate source of raw materials. The most important of building sesame seed oil production line is the sesame seed source.
Sesame Oil Mill Machinery for Sale
Selecting the factory site. You should build the sesame oil mill plant in the place which is close to the sesame seed location, thus reducing the transportation cost.
Choosing reliable sesame oil press machinery. High quality equipment makes high quality sesame oil. Especially you make sesame oil for sale or setting up sesame seed processing plant as business plan. And the sesame oil machine had better be the well-known brand, which has the abundant economic strength and the perfect after-sale service. (Read more: Mini Oil Mill Machinery Price >>)