mini oil mill machinery advantages
Owing to their simplicity and ease of handling, most of these mini oil mill machineries are manufactured idealy for small enterprenuers and village farmers as they offer small to medium scale oil extraction. Its worth noting that a complete mini oil mill has several component parts that makes it whole, each playing a different role. They include:
- Decorticator: used to remove oil seeds and kernels from their shellings.
- Heating kettle: it cooks the seeds/kernels obtained after the husks have been removed.
- Oil expeller: this is what crushes the oil seeds to obtain oil and oil cake.
- Filter press: removes unwanted impurities from the oil yielding a pure edible product.
- Boiler: it uses husks from the decorticator to produce heat required in the kettle.
- Neutralizer: it’s used to remove fatty acids from the oil seeds by introducing caustic soda to it.
With the numerous advantages that come with mini oil mills, there is no doubt that its gaining popularity amongst small scale farmers who have chosen to engage themselves in this lucrative oil milling business. Some of the advantages of owning a mini oil mill machinery are as thus:
- It helps one realize full profits by eliminating the exploitative middlemen who will always want to link the farmer to the oil millers. It also cuts on expensive transportational costs as well as hefty taxes that one would have to pay to a centralised miller in order to get their oil seeds processed.
- Oil cake, a by-product during oil production, has helped many farmers practise mixed farming as its not only a highly nutritious animal feed but also helps to boost milk production in dairy animals.
- The mini oil mill machinery is easy to operate and maintain. This saves the farmer more time as well as resources that could be wasted while trying to catter for the same.
- These oil mills help to encourage rapid rural development since they facilitate wealth creation and open up employment opportunities for the villagers thus improving their living standards significantly.
- The technology used to craft these type mills is so simple that no hard training should be undertaken in order for one to master how they operate. Basically, training can take a maximum four days for one to completely learn how these mills operate.
- Just like large scale mills, the oil produced is of high quality with its filtration even giving it a more natural transparent appearance. The same for the oil cake produced.
Should one want to venture in the oil milling industry, its best advisable to get a mini oil mill machinery. Not only is it economical, user friendly and less costly to run and maintain but also the good quality of yield it produces would have given you a run for your money.